• How long do I keep tax returns and related documents (receipts, etc.)?
    For non-California residents: If they are five years or older, you may shred your returns and related documents.
    For California residents: You should keep your tax returns
    FOREVER because California doesn’t believe in a statute of limitations.  You may shred your related documents after 5 years.
    The Jeff Warren difference: I will keep confident and store every tax return and important document for you in a secure server.


  • My 19 year-old is in college and living on campus. May I claim him/her on my taxes? 
    Yes, as long as the student is full-time for at least 5 months in one year and the parents are still supporting him/her.
    The Jeff Warren difference: I can help you figure out the tax implication well before your child applies for college.  Call me.


  • How can I plan better for my retirement? 
    I offer free tax planning and future tax consultations for my current clients.  This is ideal if you intend to sell your home or business, if you’re welcoming a new baby or expecting a life-changing event that will affect your taxes.
    The Jeff Warren difference: Many EAs or CPAs don’t offer advanced planning for free.  I want to get you prepared for success so that there are no surprises down the line.


  • Will you represent me in an audit, even if you didn’t do my taxes?
    The Jeff Warren difference: Most EAs only act for their own clients.  I’m happy to work with any one who needs audit representation and I can do so in all 50 states.


  • What’s the best way to manage my bookkeeping records?
    There are a number of systems you can use. It depends on the size and scope of your business, as well as your computer literacy.
    The Jeff Warren difference: Contact me so I can help you find a customized solution that’s right for you and your business.

Have other questions?  Feel free to call me at 808-329-8066.